80,000 Hours, using the slogan "evidence-based advice on careers that make a difference", does exactly that, promoting the most ethical career choices. The organization was named for the average amount of time a career lasts.
Photo of some of the 80,000 hours team.
|Causes||cause prioritization, earning to give, career advise|
|Founder(s)||William MacAskill and Benjamin Todd|
Run under three major core concepts, 80,000 Hours focuses on-
- maximizing impact (proving that some causes have far more impact than others, and choosing only the causes with the highest impact)
- evidence-based (using scholarly research at accredited institutions such as Oxford University as the foundation for what the organization promotes)
- replaceability (asserting that true impact, as opposed to choosing common, replaceable careers, is what is most important)
Known as the "core team", the following make up the main leadership of the organization-
- Benjamin Todd (co-founder, executive director)
- Will MacAskill (co-founder, president)
- Roman Duda (director of content)
- Thomas Hendrey (researcher)
- Collin O'Rourke (case study manager)
- Robert Wiblin (research director)
A more thorough list of employees can be found here.